Below are just a few of the fabulous live auction lots available to the highest bidder the night of Ziggurat.
Enjoy a dinner party for eight in a beautiful Oakland Hills midcentury home overlooking the San Francisco Bay with private executive chef John Luther, formerly of Chez Panisse, and special guest NY Times food journalist Mark Bittman. Enjoy specially paired wines chosen by Joel Peterson, founder of the esteemed Ravenswood Winery
- Catered dinner for eight by Chef John Luther and paired wines by Joel Peterson of Ravenswood Winery
- Off-the-cuff culinary banter with John Luther and Mark Bittman
Opening Bid: $1,600
Generously contributed by Carina Wong and David Chai, John Luther, Mark Bittman, and Joel Peterson of Ravenswood Winery.
Take in VIP experiences with the Golden State Warriors and Oakland Athletics. Watch the Splash Brothers from your Mezzanine level suite at Oracle Arena during the 2016-2017 regular season at Oracle Arena. Then experience the July 22, 2016 A’s vs. Tampa Bay Rays game right at the dugout.
- Two seats in Mezzanine level suite to one 2016-2017 Golden State Warriors home game + VIP parking for one car, courtside access for pre-game warm ups, and Warriors gear, courtesy of Mayor Libby Schaaf
- Four Diamond Level tickets to the July 22, 2016 Oakland A’s game + VIP Parking for two cars; Access to tunnel with A’s players; Game time wait staff, cocktails, and food
Opening Bid: $2,000
Generously contributed by Bank of America, Office of Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, and Warriors Community Foundation
Host your friends in an exclusive dinner for ten inside OMCA gallery’s with internationally acclaimed artist Hung Liu. Learn the stories and inspiration behind Liu’s new body of work—a series of paintings based on photographs by Dorothea Lange. After your evening, choose an image from the Museum’s iconic Lange archive to take home.
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Lange archives with Hung Liu and OMCA staff
- Catered dinner for ten and paired wines by Grace Street Catering inside an OMCA gallery
- Choice of 16 x 20 Lange photograph with custom framing by Galleria Scola
Opening Bid: $3,000
Generously contributed by Hung Liu, Galleria Scola, Grace Street Catering, and the Oakland Museum of California.
Own an original artwork by a local icon, inspired by OMCA’s Altered State: Marijuana in California, the first major museum exhibition to cover this provocative plant. These one-of-a-kinds works reflect each individual as well as artist sentiments on what it means to be Californians and Oaklanders.
Bid on the following artworks:
- A 16x20 poster repurposing the “Cannabis Science” icon by landscape architect and UC Berkeley Professor Walter Hood
- International street art legend GATS’s interpretation of the “Criminal Dope?” icon on a 16 x20 poster
- California contemporary painter and art educator Squeak Carnwrath’s cigar box utilizing the “Medical Marijuana?” and “Cannabis Science” icons
- Oakland’s own mega-star musician, songwriter and lead vocalist of Green Day, Billie Joe Armstrong’s 16 x 20 poster embellishing the “Politically Loaded?” icon
Each poster comes ready to hang and beautifully framed by Galleria Scola, courtesy of Karen Eichler Fine Arts.
Opening Bid: $500 each
Generously contributed by Billie Joe Armstrong, Squeak Carnwath, Walter Hood, GATS, Galleria Scola, Karen Eichler Fine Art, and the Oakland Museum of California.