Apply to be a Gold Rush Guide
The Oakland Museum of California is recruiting enthusiastic volunteers to lead California Gold Rush tours for 3rd through 5th graders in the Gallery of California History. Training will cover the history of early California and the Gold Rush, and volunteers will be instructed in touring techniques that engage young audiences in an exciting gallery experience. The course will be led by Museum staff and assisted by experienced History Docents.
Gold Rush Tours
Noon and/or 1 pm, Wednesdays through Fridays
March 15 through June 2, 2017
- Submit an application by Friday, January 20, 2017, using the online form below, or fax or mail in the PDF form.
- Applicants must come to the Museum on a Wednesday, Thursday or Friday prior to or during the first two weeks of training to follow a 45-minute Docent-led tour.
Attend Six Training Sessions (attendence to all six is required)
Thurs, Feb 2, 1:30–4:30 pm
Thurs, Feb 9, 1:30–4:30 pm
Thurs, Feb 16, 1:30–4:30 pm
Thurs, Feb 23, 1:30–4:30 pm
Thurs, Mar 2, 1:30–4:30 pm
Thurs, Mar 9, 1:30–4:30 pm
- Gold Rush Guides will offer morning or early afternoon tours on Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays from March 15 through June 2, 2017 for 3rd through 5th graders.
- There is no fee for this training; a two and a half-month touring commitment is required upon completion.
- No experience is necessary.
If you have any questions or for more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org