Friday Nights @ OMCA
Every Friday night, 5–9 pm
Half-price gallery admission for adults. Ages 18 and under are free!
Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Get your Oakland groove on at Friday Nights @ OMCA with Off the Grid food trucks, music, and more! Join OMCA every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market, with the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine from gourmet food trucks, local beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at the Blue Oak beer garden, live music, and dance lessons. Get creative at family-friendly drop-in workshops, learn from local foodies in the Makers & Tasters Series, and enjoy special guest performers and events. Enjoy unique programs, including:
- Makers & Tasters Series with local beer brewers, coffee roasters, organic farmers, and authors hosting talks, demos, and tastings on the first and last Friday of the month, from 6 to 8 pm. The Makers & Tasters Series will feature local vendors from Whole Foods Market the last Friday of each month!
- Live music, DJs, and family-friendly dance lessons where you can shake it up with dances based on the weekly music themes.
- Family fun at Friday Nights: every Friday night, from 5 to 8 pm, features a free hands-on art workshop for all ages, and select Fridays feature storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 8 pm.
- A rotating list of food trucks, music themes, and featured artists. Check the weekly event listings on the right to find out more; like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for up-to-the-minute event updates!
How to get here: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station.
Parking: Event parking is available at the Museum Garage, with a $5 flat fee starting at 5 pm. The Museum garage closes at 10 pm. More information is available on our Directions page.
Garden Access: OMCA's garden and terraces are open and free to visitors during Friday Nights @ OMCA in 2014 from March 2 through November 2, with the exception of dates when the garden is rented for private events. Closure dates are listed below. More information on garden access.
- The garden will be closed on Friday October 24 to set up for the 20th Anniversary Days of the Dead Community Celebration.
- Friday, October 31 will be the final garden open date of the 2014 Friday Nights @ OMCA season.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Makers and Tasters Series sponsored by Whole Foods Market on May 30, June 27, July 25, August 29, September 26, October 31, and November 28, 2014.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.
Slideshow credits: "Eat" photo by Marc Fiorito, courtesy of Off the Grid. "Dance" and "Hang" photos by Shaun Roberts.