SuperAwesome Salon: Anime & Manga
Can’t make it to Comic-Con this year? Join an OMCA celebration of anime, manga, and gaming inspired by Sunshine and Superheroes: San Diego Comic-Con and popular exhibitions SuperAwesome: Art and Giant Robot and Vinyl: The Sound and Culture of Records, closing this weekend! Explore edgy and emerging cultural intersections in this exclusive salon during Friday Nights @ OMCA. Mingle with artists, musicians, mixologists, and filmmakers giving informal demonstrations of their craft. Art, music, food, and fashion combine to bring you a sensory experience where you can talk, taste, listen, and share an appreciation of today’s cultural landscape.
- Groove to tunes spun by DJ Primo, playing an eclectic set from his archive archive that includes rare soul, disco, and techno records;
- Become your own best bartender in a mixology class with SF Mixology, including a theatrical overview of bartending throughout the ages, cocktail trends, prohibition, and its after-effects; cocktail tastings, and instructions on how to move, pour, shake, and strain like a professional bartender;
- Play at gaming stations brought to you by Oakland's own Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (The MADE) including retro classics Ni No Kuni, Ultra Street Fighter 4, and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3;
- Create a three-inch sticky note masterpiece, inspired by Giant Robot's popular annual Post It Show, with featured Post-It artist Dave Warnke;
- Discover edgy intersections between fashion and fantasy in a Cosplay Fashion Presentation by Jenny Ton, Co-Founder of Retrofit Republic;
- Share your fandom in the Best Dressed Cosplay Contest. Come dressed as your favorite fictional character for our photo booth and to win great prizes, like a skateboard signed by SuperAwesome Guest Curator Eric Nakamura. The more costume, the more play!
- And more... stay tuned to this page for updates as SuperAwesome Salon elements are added!
Included with Museum admission.