Friday Nights @ OMCA: "Black Friday" Night!
The holidays have begun, so take a break from your busy plans and bring your out-of-town guests to OMCA to enjoy fun, festivities, and food trucks from Off the Grid!
Savor California beer and wine in the amphitheater and check out all the galleries, live music, dance lessons, food demos, activities for kids, and more. Can’t get enough of Black Friday shopping? Visit the OMCA Store, full of artisan crafts and uniquely Californian gifts, or check out the pop-up holiday kiosk near the Koi Pond. Make your Thanksgiving weekend a warm one with OMCA.
What to expect on November 29:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Nick spinning Latin Salsa in the amphitheater from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in game-making workshops celebrating Native American Heritage Month from 5 to 8 pm
- Salsa lesson with Nick and Serena in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Edgardo Cambon and his Latin Salsa 5tet LaTiDO in the amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- A holiday kiosk where you can find something special to make the winter bright, on Level 2 in the OMCA Store
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Note: the Makers & Tasters series is taking a hiatus this week, and will be back next Friday, December 6.
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.