Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area’s most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, April 19:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden featuring drink specials Dark & Stormy (Flor de Cana Rum and ginger beer) and Snakebite (Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider), and non-alcoholic beverages including Four Barrel Coffee throughout the month of April
- DJ Common Sensi spinning in the 10th Street Ampitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Zumba class with Andreina in the 10th Street Ampitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live reggae and roots music band Steppin Hall from 7 to 9 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio with sound artist Lexa Walsh leading a "Build your own beat" music remixing activity in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series with OMCA’s new neighbor, Pietisserie, leading a pie crust demo from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop: customize-your-own headdress inspired by the we/customize and Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu exhibitions from 5 to 7 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, 510 Burger, Go Streatery, The Crème Brulée Cart, Ebbett's Good to Go, Pacific Puffs, Hapa SF, Sanguchon SF, Kinder's BBQ, Liba Falafel, Seoul on Wheels, Whip Out!
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.