Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area’s most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, film screenings, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, March 22:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden on Level 1 featuring drink special Snakebite, a combination of Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider, beers including Trumer Pils, Linden Street Red Lager & Common Lager, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and wines including Rock Wall Voignier, Acacia Carneros Chardonnay, Raymond Chardonnay, Louis Martini Cabernet, and MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir
- Non-alcoholic beverages including Numi Organic Teas, Bicycle Drip Coffee, Prodecoop Dark Roast, Rodriguez de Mendoza Cooperative Decaf Roast, and Green Planet Spring Water
- DJ provided by Amoeba Music from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Live five-piece band Rumbache in the 10th Street ampitheater
- Salsa-themed dance lesson with Rick Washington from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio with Mutant Makers Annabel Blue Dudash and Elsa Rudolph in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series featuring Claudia Gutierrez, student at the Food Craft Institute and owner of a fresh, locally made cookie dough company, Crumb Shoppe, with fresh-baked cookie tastings from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: try out drip collage and create unique artworks inspired by the exhibition Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu
- OMCA Store pop-up in the Koi Pond area
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Eleven gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.