Friday Nights @ OMCA
Enjoy a family-friendly festive night market during the holiday season with OMCA and Off the Grid every Friday! The Galleries are open late, with a selection of tasty food trucks on 10th Street. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
Please note: Friday Nights @ OMCA will be taking a two-week break after December 20, returning with all-new music themes, family activities, and more, in the New Year on Friday, January 10!
Due to unforseen circumstances, tonight's Storytime with the Oakland Public Library has been canceled.
What to expect on December 20:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Nina Sol spinning hits from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshops making holiday ornaments from 5 to 8 pm
- Families with young ones can practice counting down for the New Year throughout the night
- Makers & Tasters Series: back by popular demand, Sweet Maria's returns with a demonstration on roasting green coffee beans at home from 6 to 8 pm
- Festive holiday music from the East Bay Center for the Performing Arts Youth Choir from 7 to 7:30 pm and 8 to 9 pm
- Christmas Carol sing-along with Valerie Troutt in the amphitheater from 7:30 to 8 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- A holiday kiosk where you can find something special to make the winter bright, on Level 2 in the OMCA Store
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.