Friday Nights @ OMCA
Enjoy a family-friendly festive night market during the holiday season with OMCA and Off the Grid every Friday! The Galleries are open late, with a selection of tasty food trucks on 10th Street. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on December 13:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- By popular demand, special exhibition The Tree of Life and Death: Días de los Muertos 2013 has been extended through Sunday! Don't miss your chance to see it tonight!
- DJ Dotmatic spinning hits from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshops making holiday ornaments from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series featuring a demonstration and tasting by Syslee Schael of Spice Child from 6 to 8 pm
- Ugly sweater, Ugly hat, Ugly tie Contest with prizes!! In the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Latin holiday music with hot local Salsa band Rumbaché, from 7 to 9 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay from 7 to 8 pm, this week on windsurfing in the San Francisco Bay, with Stephanie Evans and Will Spargur from the Cal Sailing Club in Berkeley
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- A holiday kiosk where you can find something special to make the winter bright, on Level 2 in the OMCA Store
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.