Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area’s most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, film screenings, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, March 8:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden on Level 1 featuring Trumer Pils, Bison IPA, Lost Coast Downtown Brown, Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc, Raymond Chardonnay, Louis Martini Cabernet, MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, and Green Planet Spring Water
- DJ JuanLove from 5 to 6:30 pm and Edgardo Cambón and his live band LaTiDo from 7 to 9 pm
- Salsa dance class with Serena Wong of Salsa Vale Todo from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio with Tim John Philips and his mechanical drum machine in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series ranging from beer brewing and wine tasting to recipe sharing and gardening how-tos from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: try out drip collage and create unique artworks inspired by the exhibition Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu, opening March 16
- OMCA Store pop-up in the Koi Pond area
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, 510 Burger, Vesta Flatbread, El Sur, Go Streatery, Liba Falafel, The Crème Brulée Cart, Ebbett's Good to Go, Pacific Puffs, Hapa SF, Seoul on Wheels, and The Chairman
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.