Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area’s most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, film screenings, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, March 1:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden on Level 1 featuring Trumer Pils, Bison IPA, Lost Coast Downtown Brown, Frog's Leap Sauvignon Blanc, Raymond Chardonnay, Louis Martini Cabernet, MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, and Green Planet Spring Water
- DJ Agana from 5 to 6:30 pm and live nine-piece band Orquesta Saboriche from 7 to 9 pm
- Salsa dance class with Serena Wong of Salsa Vale Todo from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence Open Studio with Thingamajigs, creating music created with made and found materials or alternate tuning systems, in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series with Shelly Jackson leading a workshop on needlepoint embroidery—create your own mini-banners and cross-stitch cards inspired by Women's History Month from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: try out drip collage and create unique artworks inspired by the exhibition Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu, opening March 16
- OMCA Store pop-up in the Koi Pond area
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Whip Out, Arki Truck, Kasa Indian, Le Truc, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon, Señor Sisig, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck, and CupKates
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.