Friday Nights @ OMCA
Sample and seek the best that the Bay Area has to offer with OMCA and Off the Grid! Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, food demos, book readings, art activities, and more! Join us on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market!
What to expect on November 22:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden, including new beverage specials hot cocoa (rum-spiked or virgin) and mango chilli margaritas!
- DJ Heylove on the 1s and 2s in the amphitheater from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in game-making workshops celebrating Native American Heritage Month from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series, featuring Lauren Benezra of The Good Neighbor Baking with a demo on how to easily and masterfully frost and decorate a cake, and a presentation on creating delicious baked goods that respect dietary restrictions, such as vegan and gluten-free, from 6 to 8 pm
- OMCA Family Storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
- Zumba with Selena in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay from 7 to 8 pm, this week on the health of the Bay: what does it mean to be "healthy" and how many chemicals are in the Bay? Guest speakers include Meg Sedlak from the San Francisco Estuary Institute and Paul Salop, Senior Scientist at Applied Marine Sciences
- Encore performance from R&B group Omega Rae Live from 7 to 9 pm
- Artist Talk with David Maisel and OMCA Senior Curator of Art René de Guzman, discussing two of Maisel's works recently added to the Gallery of California Art, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- OMCA Store holiday kiosk where you can find something special to make the winter bright, in the OMCA Store
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.