Friday Nights @ OMCA
Sample and seek the best that the Bay Area has to offer with OMCA and Off the Grid! Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, food demos, book readings, art activities, and more! Join us on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market!
What to expect on November 15:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Created Equal Film & Scholar Series featuring the documentary The Abolitionists and conversation with UC Berkeley History Professor Waldo Martin in the Lecture Hall from 4:30 to 6:30 pm
- DJ Dogmatic spinning world and soul house in the amphitheater from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in game-making workshops celebrating Native American Heritage Month from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series featuring Lizzy from Oakland's Grease Box, with tastings of their brisket sandwiches and grilled cheese sandwiches made on house-made gluten-free bread, from 6 to 8 pm
West African Funk dance class with Yeni Lucero from 6:30 to 7 pm
Encore performance from live reggae band Mango Kingz from 7 to 9 pm
- OMCA Store holiday kiosk where you can find something special to make the winter bright, on Level 1 by the Koi Pond
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.