Friday Nights @ OMCA
Sample and seek the best that the Bay Area has to offer with OMCA and Off the Grid! Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, food demos, book readings, art activities, and more! Join us on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market!
What to expect on November 8:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Encore performance from Friday Nights @ OMCA favorite DJ HeyLove spinning soul house from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in game-making workshops celebrating Native American Heritage Month from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series featuring an interactive recycling game by the City of Oakland on the benefits of zero waste from 6 to 8 pm
- Zumba class with Selena in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Back by popular demand, Conviction funk band playing a live set from 7 to 9 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay, this week on the mysterious barge docked at Treasure Island, featuring guest speaker Daniel Terdiman, Senior Writer for CNET, and Deb Self, Executive Director of San Francisco Baykeeper, from 7 to 8 pm
- Snack-size Docent Tour of the Gallery of California History! Meet in front of the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- OMCA Store holiday kiosk, back by popular demand, located on Level 1 by the Koi Pond all night
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.