Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join the party every Friday night with OMCA and Off the Grid! This Friday, join us for a wicked good time as we celebrate Halloween through the music and dance of pop king Michael Jackson and Thriller! With a zombie costume contest, dance lessons, and more, there are many ways to join in the spooky fun. Galleries are open late, with popular food trucks out on 10th Street, and family-friendly activities inside. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, art activities, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
Please note: the Makers & Tasters Series is on hiatus this week. The series will return with new programs in November.
What to expect on October 25:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Legend spinning classic Michael Jackson hits all night long!
- Family-friendly drop-in workshops with Mexican tin folk art from 5 to 8 pm
- OMCA Family Storytime with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
- All-ages costume contest with special categories for best Michael Jackson costume, and best Zombie, with fantastic prizes starting at 6 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay, this week on maintaining a changing shoreline in the face of climate change, with speaker Diane Althoff, Chief of Design and Construction, East Bay Regional Parks, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Dance lesson on Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” music video in the amphitheater, 6:45 to 7 pm, and 7:45 to 8 pm
- Live band Kev Choice Ensemble from 7 to 8:45 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.