Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join the party every Friday night with OMCA and Off the Grid! The Galleries are open late, with popular food trucks out on 10th Street, and family-friendly activities inside. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, art activities, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on October 18:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Aware spinning classic R&B and soul from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshops with Mexican tin folk art from 5 to 8 pm
- Chicago Steppin’ dance class with Damone of Steppers Only in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series: learn the secrets of making and using gomasio, an addictively tasty Japanese sesame seed-based condiment, with Syslee Schael of Spice Child from 6 to 8 pm
- Live band Soul Mechanix onstage from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.