Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join the party every Friday night with OMCA and Off the Grid! The Galleries are open late, with popular food trucks out on 10th Street, and family-friendly activities inside. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, dancing, art activities, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on October 11:
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Fall Teacher Feature, with free resources and classroom materials for educators, from 4 to 7 pm
- DJ Adam Poe spinning classic R&B and soul from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshops with Mexican tin folk art from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with Francisco Jimenez leading a workshop on the traditions of Maya-Aztec Fermentation, from 6 to 8 pm
- Rockin’ musical chairs in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay, this week on public land use, with Osha Neumann, legal representative for the residents of Albany Bulb, and Robert Cheasty, President of Citizens for East Shore Parks, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm
- Da Funky Goods playing live in the amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.