Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Enjoy new food trucks this month, and savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, dancing, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on September 20:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Dotmatic spinning funky soul jazz from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with hands-on bridge building activity from 5 to 8 pm
- Ask An Expert with Ivan Parr, a biologist at URS Corporation, with specimens and guide books for the #summerofscience in the Gallery of California Natural Sciences from 6 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series: back by popular demand, a home coffee-roasting demonstration by Sweet Maria's from 6 to 8 pm
- Swing and Lindy Hop dance class with Karen and Michael and more in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live music with the Lovelight Blues Band from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, Blue Saigon Truck, Curry Up Now, Ebbett’s Good to Go, Fiveten Burger, Hapa SF, Hiyaaa, Kinder’s BBQ, KoJa Kitchen, Pacific Puffs, SAJJ, and The Crème Brûlée Cart
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.