Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area’s most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, film screenings, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, April 5:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden on Level 1 featuring drink special Snakebite, a combination of Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider, beers including Trumer Pils, Linden Street Red & Common Lager, and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and wines including Rock Wall Voignier, Acacia Carneros Chardonnay, Raymond Chardonnay, Louis Martini Cabernet, MacMurray Ranch Pinot Noir, and Crispin Hard Cider
- Non-alcoholic beverages including Numi Organic Teas, Bicycle Drip Coffee, Prodecoop Dark Roast, Rodriguez de Mendoza Cooperative Decaf Roast, and Green Planet Spring Water
- DJ Common Sensi spinning in the 10th Street Ampitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Zumba class with Andreinain the 10th Street Ampitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live reggae and roots music band Steppin Hall from 7 to 9 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio in the we/customize exhibition with Slimm Buick’s art bikes from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series with Savor Oakland Food Tours from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop: customize-your-own headdress inspired by the we/customize and Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu exhibitions from 5 to 7 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Eleven gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, 510 Burger, Vesta Flatbread, Go Streatery, The Crème Brulée Cart, Ebbett's Good to Go, Pacific Puffs, Hapa SF, The Chairman, Kinder's, Sanguchon SF
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.