Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. This Friday Night, celebrate all things in art and education with Creative Impact, an on-site event with public live performances featuring youth arts organizations, and a resource fair open to all! Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, dancing, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
Please note: this week's Makers & Tasters Series program has been cancelled. The series will return with a new program on September 20.
What to expect on September 13:
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- OMCA's own DJ Dotmatic spinning the hits from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop: OMCA Connect 'We Dream in Art' paper quilt-making from 5 to 8 pm
- Creative Impact, a culminating event for Bay Area National Arts in Education Week, from 5:30 to 7 pm
- Resource Fair, including information on over 60 Bay Area arts and education organizations, presented as a part of Creative Impact, from 6 to 8 pm
- OMCA In-the-Headlines, a new discussion series in the exhibition Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay from 6:30 to 7:30 pm, this week featuring a walkthrough of the Bay Shoreline 'Landscan' in the Gallery with the Center for Land Use Interpretation's Matthew Coolidge, the author of their new publication Around the Bay, available in the OMCA Store
- Dance cipher and performance with Fresh Dynamix, presented as a part of Creative Impact in the Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live band the Kalin Freeman Quartet playing in the Amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- Stiltwalking and bounce juggling by students from Oakland School for the Arts, Kinetic Arts Center, presented as a part of Creative Impact, from 7:30 to 8:30 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.