Friday Nights @ OMCA
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, dancing, and more! Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on September 6:
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Dotmatic spinning funky soul and jazz from 5 to 7 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with hands-on bridge building activity from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with Paige Icardi of Ferments and Flour with an herb butter making demonstration and a tasting of her herb shortbread cookies from 6 to 8 pm
- Swing and Lindy Hop dance lesson with Karen and Michael in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- LoveLight Blues Band, a six piece group, performing from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.