Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Don’t miss weekly OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on August 30:
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Member Preview of Above and Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay from 3 to 7 pm
- DJ Nina Sol spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with nature rock painting from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series: FairShareCSF with a presentation about sustainable seafood, an oyster shucking demo, and an example of a crab trapping set-up, from 6 to 8 pm
- Storytime for families with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
- Soul house dance class with Nicole Klaymoon in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Mermaids and Pirates All-ages Costume Contest at 7 pm
- OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Public sneak peek of Above & Below: Stories From Our Changing Bay from 7 to 9 pm
- Live performance by oMega Live from 7 to 9 pm
- Garden Hunt Card self-guided activity for all ages in the Museum gardens
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.