Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party is in Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on August 9:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden: Lager and Hard Cider cocktails, Bayflower, Ginever, and Elderflower cocktails, bottle and draft beers, white, red, and rose wines, spring water, organic tea and coffees
- DJ Hey Love spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with nature rock painting from 5 to 8 pm
Oakland Rover by the Koi Pond leading a hands-on community art activity, We Dream in Art Mural Banner Project, from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series with Homestead Apothecary, a new home for locally-made herbal medicine, botanical-inspired art, and community-centered holistic education, from 6 to 8 pm
- House dance lesson with Mix'd Ingrdnts in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live performance by Ensemble Mik Nawooj, a hip-hop chamber orchestra, from 7 to 9 pm
- Garden Hunt Card self-guided activity for all ages in the Museum gardens
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, Bao & Bowl, Curry Up Now, Ebbett's Good to Go, 510 Burger, Go Streatery, Hapa SF, Kinder's BBQ, Liba Falafel, Pacific Puffs, The Crème Brulée Cart
Please note: OMCA's weekly California Pub Trivia will be taking a break this week, and will be back during Friday Nights @ OMCA on August 16!
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.