Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party is in Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Don’t miss weekly OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on August 2:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Hey Love spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with nature rock painting from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with Jennie Schacht, author of I SCREAM SANDWICH, in honor of National Ice Cream Sandwich Day from 6 to 8 pm
- Popping and robotting dance lessons with Agatron in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Live performance by Valerie Troutt's MoonCandy Live House Ensemble from 7 to 9 pm
- Garden Hunt Card self-guided activity for all ages in the Museum gardens
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Arki Truck, Cupkates, Hapa SF, Kasa Indian, Kinder's BBQ, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck, Whip Out
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.