Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party is in Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Don’t miss OMCA’s Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on July 26:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden: Lager and Hard Cider cocktails, Bayflower, Ginever, and Elderflower cocktails, bottle and draft beers, white, red, and rose wines, spring water, organic tea and coffees
- DJ Legend spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop doing animal printing on bandannas from 5 to 8 pm
- Storytime for families with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
Makers & Tasters Series: back by popular demand, a home coffee-roasting demonstration by Sweet Maria's from 6 to 8 pm
: a home coffee-roasting demonstration by Sweet Maria's - See more at: http://museumca.org/event/friday-nights-omca-16#sthash.mtECOa4w.dpuffrom 6 to 8 pm
- Rockin' musical chairs in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Curator Tour of Peter Stackpole: Bridging the Bay in the Gallery of California Art from 7 to 8 pm
- OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences Douglas Long from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Rock and roll band Hot Einstein performing live from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, Bao & Bowl, Curry Up Now, Ebbett's Good to Go, 510 Burger, Go Streatery, Hapa SF, Kinder's BBQ, Liba Falafel, Pacific Puffs, The Crème Brulée Cart
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.