Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party is in Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Don’t miss OMCA’s Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on July 19:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- DJ Spensaur Cooper from Amoeba Music spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop doing animal printing on bandannas from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series: herbal tea tasting with Homestead Apothecary and Honey Underground with a honey tasting and an observation hive from 6 to 8 pm
- Magic show with Timothy James in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- OMCA Pub Trivia all about California Art, History, and Natural Sciences, with great prizes from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Indie rock band Caldecott performing live from 7 to 9 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Arki Truck, Cupkates, Go Streatery, Kasa Indian, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon, Señor Sisig, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck, Whip Out
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.