Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Don’t miss new weekly OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences Douglas Long. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden, including drink specials "Negroni" and "Snakebite," featuring Linden Street Lager and Crispin Hard Cider, Numi organic teas and Bicycle Coffee
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- DJ JNast spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with Gallery of California Natural Sciences-inspired plant leaf tracing and handmade journals 5 to 8 pm
- Storytime for families with the Oakland Public Library from 6 to 6:30 pm
- Makers and Tasters Series featuring Claudia Gutierrez, student at the Food Craft Institute and owner of a fresh, locally made cookie dough company, Crumb Shoppe, with fresh-baked cookie tastings from 6 to 8 pm
- Samba and Afoxé da Bahia (popular dance of Brasil) lessons with Isaura Oliveira in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- 45-minute Docent tours of Summoning Ghosts: The Art of Hung Liu for its final weekend in the Great Hall at 7 and 8 pm
- New: OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long, from 7 to 8:30 pm in the California Room
- Frida Look-Alike Contest in honor of Fiestas Fridas at 8 pm
- Live band Liza Silva and Oz Do Brasil playing from 7 to 9 pm
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: An the Go, Bao & Bowl, Curry Up Now, Ebbett's Good to Go, 510 Burger, Go Streatery, Hapa SF, Kinder's BBQ, Liba Falafel, Pacific Puffs, The Crème Brulée Cart
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.