Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring activities in the new Gallery of California Natural Sciences. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect:
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Cupkates, Whip Out, Kasa Indian, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon, Señor Sisig, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck, Go Streatery
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden with drink specials Dark & Stormy (Flor de Cana Rum and ginger beer) and Snakebite (Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider), and non-alcoholic beverages including Four Barrel Coffee
- DJ JNast spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm, and live band Quartet Buongiorno (Spanish, Brazilian, Latin stylings) playing world music from 7 to 9pm
- Belly dance lessons in the amphitheater with Calamity Sam from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Garden Hunt Card self-guided activity for all ages in the Museum gardens
- Makers & Tasters Series with Kitchen on Fire holding a book signing from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop with Gallery of California Natural Sciences-inspired plant leaf tracing and handmade journals from 5 to 8 pm
- All three Galleries and special exhibitions open through 9 pm
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
Note: weekly OMCA Pub Trivia with Senior Curator of Natural Sciences, Douglas Long, will not begin this week as previously announced. The first day for OMCA Pub Trivia will be Friday, June 21.
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.