Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring Customizer-in-Residence open studios in the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on Friday, May 24:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden featuring drink specials Dark & Stormy (Flor de Cana Rum and ginger beer) and Snakebite (Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider), and non-alcoholic beverages including Four Barrel Coffee
- An evening with Non-Stop Bhangra, from 5 to 9 pm, including DJ Jimmy spinning from 5 to 7, and Bhangra dance lessons and live performances from 7 to 9 pm
- On Dave Brubeck and Ansel Adams: Conversation and Performance with the Oakland East Bay Symphony, from 7 to 8:30 pm in the James Moore Theater
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio: I Will Be Your Surrogate Grandparents with Lisa Solomon in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with the Pickle Panel, a group of experts demonstrating how to make pickles at home, from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: nature button-making inspired by the Gallery of California Natural Sciences, reopening May 31
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Ten gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Arki Truck, CupKates, Kasa Indian, Little Green Cyclo, Mayo & Mustard, Sanguchon SF, Senior Sisig, Seoul on Wheels, Twister Truck, Whip Out Truck
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Media support provided by:
Friday Nights @ OMCA art programs are made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.