Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer and wine around the Koi Pond while enjoying live music, art activities, and more! The galleries are open late featuring Customizer-in-Residence open studios in the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine—and all that OMCA has to offer!
What to expect on Friday, May 17:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden featuring drink specials Dark & Stormy (Flor de Cana Rum and ginger beer) and Snakebite (Linden Street Common Lager and Crispin Hard Cider), and non-alcoholic beverages including Four Barrel Coffee throughout the month of April
- DJ from Amoeba Music spinning hits from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Live band The American Nomad playing California folk-fusion tunes from 7 to 9 pm
- Youth Speaks Teen Poetry Slam 2013 Finalists performing their winning slam poems in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio with Daniela Rosner, exploring how to make discarded or "obsolete" materials beautiful, in the we/customize exhibition from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series with OMCA’s new neighbor, Pietisserie, leading a pie crust demonstration from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in workshop from 5 to 8 pm: nature button-making inspired by the Gallery of California Natural Sciences, reopening May 31
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- The swanky East Bay Express lounge where you can kick back and take it all in
- Eleven gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine:An the Go, Bao & Bowl, Curry Up Now, Ebbett's Good To Go, Five Ten Burger, Go Streatery, Hapa SF, Kinder's BBQ, KoJa Kitchen, Pacific Puffs, and The Creme Brulee Cart
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks. Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Made possible in part through the generous support of the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.