Friday Nights @ OMCA
Oakland’s popular weekly night market is back for a new year of fun and festivities! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on March 28:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
- March DJ-in-residence DJ Adam Poe spinning the hits from 5 to 7 pm
- Dance class with Destiny Arts Center in the amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Live band Fantastic Negrito with their modern interpretation of American roots music in the 10th Street ampitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- A celebration of Nowruz, a new year tradition celebrated by Iranian-American as well as the Afghan-American communities of the Bay Area, including a Haftsin table representing the arrival of Spring
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity, egg decorating to celebrate Nowruz and get ready for spring, from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series featuring local Whole Foods Market vendor, Pozzi Lamb, for a lamb butchery and cooking demonstration, from 6 to 8 pm
- Story time with Oakland Public Library, on the last Friday of every month from 6 to 6:30 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.