Friday Nights @ OMCA
Oakland’s popular weekly night market is back for a new year of fun and festivities! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting January 10 for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on January 31:
- Internationally acclaimed singer/songwriter/actor Martin Luther playing live from 7 to 9 pm
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Resident DJ for the month, DJ Leydis, spinning hits on the 1s and 2s from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity: celebrate the first day of the Lunar New Year and make your own paper lantern from 5 to 8 pm
- Story time with Oakland Public Library, on the last Friday of every month from 6 to 6:30 pm.
- Makers and Tasters Series: Whole Foods Market will kick off Lunar New Year with an Asian Vegetable and Fruit tasting that includes sautéed greens with aromatics as well as a sampling of a variety of citrus from 6 to 8 pm
- Afro-Urban dance class with Nkei Oruche of D-fuse Dance in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Extended hours in the Galleries and special exhibitions
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Black History Month programs at OMCA made possible in part by generous support from Bank of America.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.