Friday Nights @ OMCA
Oakland’s popular weekly night market is back for a new year of fun and festivities! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting January 10 for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on January 17:
- Screening of Demolition: Troll – a 10 minute documentary about the Bay Bridge Troll followed by a discussion with the troll creator Bill Roan and filmmakers Joseph De Mario & Megan McHugh, at 6 pm, 7 pm, and 8 pm
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Resident DJ for the month, DJ Leydis, spinning hits on the 1s and 2s from 5 to 6:30 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity: create your mini dream world inside a matchbox inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the exhibition The Smallest of Worlds, from 5 to 8 pm
- Zumba class with Andreina in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Fito Reinoso playing Cuban Salsa from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- Extended hours in the Galleries and special exhibitions
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is conveniently located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum garage for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Black History Month programs at OMCA made possible in part by generous support from Bank of America.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.