Friday Nights @ OMCA
Rain or shine, Friday Nights @ OMCA is on! Due to the weather forecast, the live band performance is being rescheduled to another date. The dance lesson will continue as scheduled, and the DJ will still be spinning all night!
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on February 28:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Resident OMCA DJ Dotmatic spinning the hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater all night!
- Family-friendly drop-in art activity: make your own mini hero figure, inspired Black History Month and the exhibition The Smallest of Worlds, from 5 to 8 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series ranging from beer brewing to book signings, on the Final Friday of the month featuring demonstrations from Whole Foods Market, from 6 to 8 pm
- Story time with Oakland Public Library, on the last Friday of every month from 6 to 6:30 pm
- All-ages Brazilian funk dance lesson led by SambaFunk in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 6:30 to 7 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine
- Public opening of new major public art project, the We Dream In Art Banner Mural Project on OMCA’s Oak Street wall
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Black History Month programs at OMCA made possible in part by generous support from Bank of America.
Makers and Tasters Series is made possible by generous support from Whole Foods Market.
Friday Nights @ OMCA is made possible by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.