Friday Nights @ OMCA
Rain or shine, Friday Nights @ OMCA is on! Due to the weather forecast, the live band performance by SambaFunk is being rescheduled to another date. The dance lesson will continue as scheduled, and DJ will still be spinning through the night!
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every for a taste of local music, food, art, and culture! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on April 25:
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: get the weekly list here
- April Resident DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist spinning hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- The Green Guard Youth Crew and Hip Hop Eco-Arts Collective performing conscious hip hop and spoken word from 6:30 to 7 pm in the 10th Street Amphitheater
- Family-friendly drop-in activity: “The Game of Gold” from 5 to 8 pm
- Story time with Oakland Public Library, on the last Friday of every month from 6 to 6:30 pm
- Makers & Tasters Series ranging from beer brewing to book signings, on the Final Friday of the month featuring demonstrations from Whole Foods Market, from 6 to 8 pm
- Talk, Play, and Sip, an in-Gallery program featuring mixed drinks and DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist, talking about funk and soul sampling in the exhibition Vinyl from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Youth Speaks Teen Poetry Slam Semi-Finals in the James Moore Theater from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Friday Nights @ OMCA are made possible in part by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.