Friday Nights @ OMCA: SuperAwesome
Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street for a SuperAwesome sneak peek of two spring exhibitions that explore what happens when communities come together around a shared love of culture, Vinyl: The Sound and Culture of Records, and SuperAwesome: Art and Giant Robot. A really rad Friday Nights brings you a taste of local music, food, art, and much more! Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak beer garden. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, hands-on activities for kids, and extended OMCA Store hours. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on April 18:
- OMCA Member Preview of SuperAwesome and Vinyl from 3 to 7 pm
- Local beer and wine specials in the Blue Oak beer garden starting at 5 pm
- Fourteen gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine starting at 5 pm
- April Resident DJ Ren the Vinyl Archaeologist spinning hits in the 10th Street Amphitheater from 5 to 6:30 pm
- K-pop dance lesson from 6:30 to 7 pm in the 10th Street Amphitheater
- Live musical guests Soul Mechanix, back by popular demand, in the Amphitheater from 7 to 9 pm
- Family-friendly drop-in activity: “The Game of Gold” from 5 to 8 pm
- Public Sneak Peek of SuperAwesome and Vinyl from 7 to 9 pm
- OMCA Record Swap, organized by DJ collective The Soul Congregation, from 7 to 9 pm
- A Snack Size Docent Tour, a fifteen-minute mini-tour led by a talented OMCA Docent to introduce you one of the Galleries—you won't know which until the tour begins!—meeting at the ticketing desk on Level 2 at 7:30 pm
- All OMCA Galleries open late till 9 pm
Note: previously scheduled indie pop band Le Vice is unable to perform this Friday Night due to a timing conflict.
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.
Friday Nights @ OMCA are made possible in part by generous support from the Walter and Elise Haas Fund.