Benefits + Wellness
The Oakland Museum of California recognizes the value of our dedicated staff and offers a competitive benefits and wellness program to support staff.
Benefits are offered based on employment classification and in compliance with appropriate laws.
The Oakland Museum of California’s standard full-time work week is 37.5 hours.
- Medical—Kaiser Permanente-100% employer-paid for eligible employees
- Dental—100% employer-paid for eligible employees
- Vision—100% employee-paid
- Chiropractic/Accupuncture/Herbal offering—100% employer-paid for eligible employees
- Life Insurance—100% employer-paid for eligible employees
- Retirement Plans—OMCA offers eligible employees a discretionary annual employer contribution towards a 403b retirement plan. In addition, OMCA offers all staff the opportunity to participate in an employee contribution 403b retirement plan and Roth plans.
- Employer sponsored Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts—Health and Dependent Care
- Commuter Check Program
- Free OMCA Staff Membership, discounts for Membership upgrades, reciprocal entry at participating museums
- Discounts at the OMCA Store and Blue Oak café
- Generous Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and Leave Plans
- Fun employee engagement activities and training and development opportunities