Friday Nights @ OMCA
The Bay Area's most talked-about food truck party comes to Oakland! Join OMCA and Off the Grid on 10th Street every Friday starting this winter for a family-friendly take on a festive night market. Savor California beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages around the Koi Pond at the Blue Oak café pop-up. Enjoy half-price admission, live music, extended OMCA Store hours, and open studios with the Customizers-in-Residence from the we/customize exhibition. Bring the whole family to OMCA for a sampling of the best in Bay Area curbside cuisine!
What to expect on Friday, February 1:
- Blue Oak beer garden featuring beers from Trumer Pils, Bison Brewery, and Sierra Nevada, and wines from Louis Martini, Rock Wren, Raymond Vineyards, and Rock Wall
- Hot cocoa bar featuring specialty liqueurs
- DJ Olga T spinning soul and funk music all night
- Funk and soul-inspired dance lessons with Traci Bartlow of Starchild Entertainment from 6:30 to 7 pm
- Customizer-in-Residence open studio with Jaz Davis (airbrush artist) from 5 to 8 pm on 10th Street
- Makers and Tasters Series tasting and talk with Dan Del Grande of Bison Brewery from 6 to 8 pm
- Family-friendly lunch bag puppet-making drop-in workshop from 5 to 7 pm
- OMCA Store pop-up in the Koi Pond area
- Extended hours in the galleries and special exhibitions
- Twelve gourmet food trucks from Off the Grid featuring the best in local cuisine: Arki Truck, Koja Kitchen, Cupkates, Hapa SF, An the GO, Le Truc, Mayo & Mustard, Little Green Cyclo, Sanguchon, Kasa Indian, and Twister Truck
Cost: Half-price gallery admission for adults, ages 18 and under are free. Admission for Members is always free. Cash bar. Prices vary for Off the Grid food trucks.
Transportation: OMCA is located one block from the Lake Merritt BART Station. Event parking is available at the Museum for a $5 flat fee after 5 pm.
Presented in partnership with Off the Grid: Lake Merritt @ OMCA.