Before You Book
Here's what you need to know before making a reservation.
The Museum is closed to the public on Mondays and Tuesdays. School groups may visit on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. For program and tour times visit the School Programs pages.
HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION
- To book a tour or program, click on a “book now” button to go directly to the reservation site. For best results, use web browsers Firefox or Chrome.
- Please add email@example.com to your address book and check your spam folder periodically for your confirmation.
- If you have any questions or do not receive a confirmation email, contact us at 510-318-8470 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We invite teachers to visit the Museum prior to the field trip to become familiar with OMCA Galleries. For complimentary admission, please come to the Docent Center Wednesday through Friday, 11 am to 4 pm.
- Payment must be made in full with a credit card when you make your online reservation.
For OUSD schools only, contact email@example.com
for billing and invoice concerns. Please put "OUSD Options" in the subject line of your email.
- Oakland schools may use a code received via a separate email to receive 30% off.
- You must notify OMCA four weeks in advance if you wish to cancel your tour and receive a refund.
- Payment will not be refunded with less than four weeks’ notice.
DISCOUNT FOR OAKLAND UNIFIED SCHOOLS
Schools, including charter schools, located within the Oakland Unified School District receive a 30% discount on tours, programs, and performances. If you did not receive an email with discount information at the beginning of the school year, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A limited number of partial tour and program scholarships are available for Oakland Unified School District classes. OMCA is only able to grant one scholarship per teacher per year. A limited number of bus scholarships are also available for OUSD classes and Richmond public school classes. To apply, please fill out the scholarship request form or the bus scholarship request form online startng September 6. If you are awarded a tour or program scholarship, the award amount will be refunded to the credit card you used to make your reservation.
The Museum suggests:
- One adult per ten students absolute minimum, through grade 12.
- The Museum suggests one adult per four students maximum. You may purchase up to 15 chaperone tickets when you book your visit. Additional adults that have not purchased tickets in advance will be charged $8 per person (half-price admission), to be paid on arrival.
- One adult per six students while in the OMCA Store, including high school students.
Adults accompanying groups are responsible for supervising students at all times. This includes while your group:
- Visits the Museum galleries.
- Enjoys lunch on the Museum grounds.
- Shops in the OMCA Store.
ACCESSIBILITY FOR EVERYONE
OMCA’s tours are accessible to visitors with learning disabilities, visual impairments, and physical challenges. Please call 510-318-8470 if you would like any tour or program adapted to the special needs of your group. Deaf and hearing-impaired visitors may request interpretation in American Sign Language. Groups with special needs who require a special tour should reserve at least three weeks in advance.
Special rates are available if booked in advance. Email email@example.com to book your visit.
STATE AND NATIONAL STANDARDS CORRELATIONS
OMCA education programs, tours, and curriculum address standards from a range of disciplines. Download standards correlations that support your classroom curriculum and field trip planning here (PDF).